For motorized vehicle owners, the word BPKB is something that may already be very familiar to hear. The reason is, this important document must be owned as legal proof of vehicle ownership and to avoid fines if there is a check or ticket at any time.
BFI friends, do you know what BPKB is in detail? The following article will help you understand what a BPKB is, how to make it, how to distinguish a genuine BPKB from a fake one, and how to take care of a lost BPKB. Read more here, yes!
Definition of BPKB
BPKB is an official document issued by the authorities, namely the Police Traffic Unit (SATLANTAS). BPKB can also be equated with a certificate of ownership. Meanwhile, the abbreviation for BPKB is the Motor Vehicle Owner's Book.
BPKB is divided into two types, namely Car BPKB and Motorcycle BPKB. The function of BPKB is as official proof of ownership of motorized vehicles such as STNK and TNKB.
Not only that but BPKB is also trusted by the wider community as collateral for borrowing funds, especially if someone wants to apply for a loan at a finance company or other financial institution. For example, for the terms of pawning motorbikes or terms for pawning cars.
Difference between BPKB and STNK
Both BPKB and STNK are important documents that must be owned by motorized vehicle owners. Even though they both look the same at first glance, there are differences that you should be aware of.
The first difference is from the abbreviations of the two. BPKB is a Motorized Vehicle Owner's Book, while STNK is a Vehicle Number Certificate.
The second difference is the content contained in the BPKB and STNK. BPKB contains the identity of the official owner of the vehicle. Such as full name, address, and other detailed information about the vehicle.
As for STNK, the contents in it are more specific about motorized vehicles. Such as police number, owner's name, type of vehicle, taxes, and others. In addition, the STNK is a mandatory document that needs to be carried when you drive like a SIM card (Driving Permit).
BPKB is an important document that is divided into two colors, namely red BPKB and blue BPKB. Here are the differences between the two:
BPKB Greenish Brown
- Latest BPKB
- Consists of 10 Pages
- BPKB Number on the Vertical Side of the Right Page
- Not Using Letter Codes Behind BPKB Numbers
- Using KTP Number as Owner's Name Identity
Blue Color BPKB
- Old BPKB
- Consists of 22 Pages
- BPKB Number in the Upper Right Corner of BPKB
- Using Letter Code (Manually Stamped Behind the BPKB Number
- Using Job Name in Owner's Data
How to make BPKB
When you first buy a motor vehicle, be it a car or a motorcycle, the BPKB is usually taken care of directly by the dealer. However, if the motor vehicle you purchased is a used vehicle, then you must change your name at Samsat to get a new BPKB. This also applies if your BPKB is lost.
There are two types of BPKB issuance requirements, as quoted from porlantaspolri.go.id. The first is the requirement for motorized vehicles that are assembled domestically and the second is the requirement for motorized vehicles that are assembled abroad or imported.
The administrative requirements for the issuance of BPKB for motorized vehicles assembled domestically are certainly easier and less complicated. It is different with motor vehicles assembled abroad (imported). There must be a check for the authenticity of the product import letter and others.
Conditions for Making BPKB
1. Perform a Physical Vehicle Check
2. Fill in the BPKB Application Form and Physical Check the Results
3. Original KTP of the owner and a photocopy of it
BPKB Making Fee
Based on Government Regulation no. 60 of 2016 concerning PNBP (Non-Tax State Revenue), the costs of making BPKB are as follows.
1. 2 or 3-wheeled vehicles will be charged Rp.225,000
2. 4-wheeled vehicles will be charged Rp.375,000
3. New fee per issue IDR 100,000
4. Ownership Fee Per Issuance IDR 100,000
BPKB Making Procedure
1. Pay the cost of making a new BPKB according to the type of your vehicle
2. After making the payment along with the proof, then you can submit all the required documents to the BPKB collection
3. When you have received proof of document submission
4. The new BPKB will be issued in about 1 week
5. After completion, you can bring proof of file submission to be exchanged for a new BPKB
How to Make BPKB Online
Want to make BPKB online? Here are the steps!
1. Visit the Directorate of Traffic (Ditlantas) Polda Metro Jaya to check the files
2. Next you will get a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) card
3. Register through the website www.bpkb.net
4. Fill in the required data such as name, NIK, order number, telephone number, email, type of BPKB replacement
5. Follow all the steps asked
6. Print the e-form and make payments immediately at the nearest bank
How to Take Care of Lost BPKB
Disasters can happen to anyone and come in different forms, one of which is the loss of BPKB. The loss of BPKB is a matter that must be taken care of immediately so that you are not subject to a fine if one day there is a sudden inspection.
You don't need to panic if this happens to you. You can immediately take care of it to get a new BPKB by following the steps below.
Image Source: Ibid
Documents Needed to be Prepared
1. ID card
4. Lost BPKB Certificate That Has Been Stamped
5. Certificate of Not Using BPKB as Loan Collateral
6. Lost BPKB Statement Letter Made at the Nearest Police
Procedure for Managing Lost BPKB
After the documents you need are complete, then how to take care of BPKB is as follows.
1. Prepare All Required Documents
2. Visit the nearest Samsat Office
3. Fill in the BPKB Application Form
4. Next, your vehicle will be physically checked to check the suitability of the existing data
5. Submit all the required documents to the BPKB Samsat counter, make sure everything is complete and there are no mistakes
6. Wait a moment until your name is called
7. Next You Will Be Asked To Make a Payment
8. Make Payments As Soon As Possible
9. If all the steps above have been completed, later you will be contacted by the Samat party to take a new BPKB
Characteristics of Original and Fake BPKB
Knowing how to distinguish BPKB is very important so that we do not experience losses in the future or avoid fraud.
Reporting from TNMC Korlantas Polri, we can easily check the validity of BPKB in the following way.
1. Visit the Samsat where the BPKB is issued to check the authenticity of the BPKB number
2. The Tri Brata Polri hologram printed on the BPKB has a distinctive embossed effect and color
3. There is a serial number under the hologram
4. There are invisible threads on the BPKB sheet when irradiated with ultraviolet light
5. The cover color is darker
6. Identity looks neat and clear
As for the fake BPKB, the characteristics are as follows.
1. Cover is opaque
2. The attached identity is not clear with the ink that is usually not real
3. If it is irradiated with ultraviolet light, there is no police traffic sign and the page is not rough
4. The serial number is different from the original
How to Check BPKB Online
BPKB checking is an easy thing to do, it can even be done online. As for how to check it depends on the area you are in.
For those of you who live in Jakarta, now you can check BPKB online. How to check BPKP is as follows.
- Visit the website https://samsat-pkb2.jakarta.go.id/
- Enter the requested data to check BPKB. Among others, namely the Police Number (Nopol) and NIK
- Recheck the data that has been entered
- Click verify security box and select 'search'
- On your screen will be displayed information about BPKB and others
If you live in West Java, you can take advantage of the services provided by the West Java Bapenda. The steps are as follows.
- Visit the website https://bapenda.jabarprov.go.id/infopkb/
- Complete the requested data such as your vehicle registration number, and the color of the motorized vehicle number (TNKB) sign.
- Fill in the security code then click 'search'
For those of you who live in Central Java, you can use an application called SAPKOLE. Here's how:
- Download the SAPKOLE app on Google Playstore
- Open the downloaded application
- Select the information menu
- Next, select the motorized vehicle menu
- Enter your vehicle registration number
- Next press process
For the people of East Java, you can check BPKB online in the following way.
- Open the opponent's website https://info.dipendajatim.go.id/esamsat/
- Fill in the requested data such as the Samsat of origin of the vehicle and the police number
- Re-check the data that has been filled in
- Verify then click 'Check Vehicle Data'
Tips for Getting a BPKB Guaranteed Loan
BPKB is an important document that has other functions that can help your financial condition. One of them is as collateral for a loan. Especially if you apply for a loan from a finance company such as BFI Finance.
You can get a number of loan funds for your various needs. Starting from business capital, children's education costs, and home renovations, to living expenses. You can access more information regarding loans at the following link.
Loan Information Car BPKB Guarantee
Disbursement of funds up to 85% of the value of the vehicle and a tenor of up to 3 years.
Loan Information BPKB Motor Guarantee
Loan funds with a fast process and a maximum tenor of up to 18 months.
Loan Information Home Certificate Guarantee
Low interest starts from 0.9% with a long tenor of up to 48 months.
Applying for a loan at BFI Finance is a safe, easy process, and has been verified by the OJK (Financial Services Authority). You can apply for a loan with a choice of collateral that can be tailored to your wishes and needs.
Friends of BFI, that's the information regarding all things about BPKB and Easy Ways to Manage Loss of BPKB. Hopefully, this information can help you in taking care of the motorcycle name transfer easily without the need to use the services of brokers. May be useful!
Get other interesting information only on BFI Blog. Latest articles every Monday-Friday!