Surabaya, September 24, 2019 - The women in Indonesia have significant roles in the empowerment of society economy; both directly and indirectly. From housewives to those with solid career, women become crucial players in their functions of managing family financials and have natural talent in multitasking which is conducting several functions and roles in a certain time all at once.
In line with the commitment to develop the empowerment of Indonesian women, BFI Finance participates in Women Festival held by WomanPreneur Community (WPC); an organization focusing on business training, coaching, and incubator, as well as online business-learning class for women.
The event of Women Festival held on September 23-24, 2019, at the City of Tomorrow (CITO) Mall Atrium in Surabaya carries a slogan called “Inspiring Womanpreneur Competition” and features several interesting programs, as follows:
- Exhibition of creative products produced by the participants of business training and incubator in Surabaya;
- Entrepreneurship workshop and competition for the participants through presentations of their products in front of the jury;
- Talk shows with topics concerning tips on how to start and managing successful SME businesses;
- Fashion show of creative garment products from the participants; and
- Drawing competition for kids.
The Company engages three participants coming from the SME business partners of BFI Finance Surabaya Branch, East Java, to attend the intensive business training and incubator programs for the period of four months (July-October 2019), and they have a chance to promote their creative products, namely:
- Shredded Tuna of Bu Selpi from Probolinggo;
- Marble Jumputan Fabric of Frida Jelita from Tulung Agung; and
- Batik Manggur from Probolinggo.
Non-Dealer Financing Car Manager BFI Finance Surabaya Branch, Ika Ratnasari, participates in a talk show themed “Independent and Economically Empowered Women” as the closing of all programs at the Women Festival on Tuesday (9/24). She wants to dismiss the notion in the community that women can only spend their husband’s salaries, but women also have huge potentials to be productive and make ends meet for their families. Ika Ratnasari also introduces the features and benefits of BFI Srikandi, the Company’s financing product aimed to empower women’s economy. This program is also attended by the Area Manager of BFI Finance for Surabaya Area, Nuzul Ittaqa.
Display of fish floss product from Probolinggo
Participant booth in displaying Kain Jumput Marmer product from
Tulungagung and Batik Manggur product from Probolinggo
(center) Irma Sustika, founder of WomanPreneur Community
and BFI Finance Team took a picture together